History Albo -Argent Aluminium
23 May 1961 ALBO was founded by the late Jacques DEVLOO. The first activities started in Zwevegem (West Flanders) in a rented building with an area of 230 m². Production limited itself to the production of furniture fittings and letter valves in ALUMINIUM.
1966 The company moved to Deerlijk, again in a rented building but with an area of 600 m². The range expanded with the production of decorative pieces for stair restrails; a product that gave the company a much greater brand awareness. The first steps were also taken towards supply.
1970 Land was purchased on the new industrial estate of Kuurne (West Flanders) and in 1971 the new building was put into use with an area of 1380 m².
In 1976 the building was extended to 2160 m². Meanwhile, aluminium design mailboxes (Netherlands: mailboxes) and coat rack hooks were included in their own product range.
1986 An initial powder coating plant was put into use. This was the start to even more supply.
1991 The company moved to another new building on the same industrial zone (total built area of 4608 m²). Because the company specialized more and more in the processing of Aluminium extrusion profiles at 6 meters, this surface was extended to 6336 m² in 1995 to take the total area of 9240 m² in 2001.
2012 Argent Alu better known by the brand name argenta and for more than 100 years active in the development and production of paumellen and hinges in front of the interior door takes over ALBO. With the acquisition Argent Alu expands its product range.
and equipped with an integrated LED (24Vdc 9.6W/m).